Recycling is a club that recycles the paper and plastic from the school.
We can recycle:
- Paper – Worksheets, Printer Paper, Newspapers, Magazines, etc.
- Light Cardboard (Not layered or thick) – Food Boxes
- Glass – Cups, Bottles
- Aluminum – Cans
- Plastic – Water Bottles, Wrappers (not food)
We CANNOT recycle:
- Paper clips
- Laminated paper
- Any items with Food
- Food wrapper (candy, chips, etc.)
- Any items with Gum
- Little hole punches (makes a mess)
- Plastic (folders & bags)
- Plastic inside paper folders
- Bubble Wrap
- Wood/Props (theater & band)
- Pencil shavings or sunflower seeds
- Metal hangers with paper on them
- Large, thick cardboard including boxes (custodians will pick these up)
- Tissues or Paper Towels (deemed unsanitary)
How to Join
Just come to the meetings, there are no papers needed to be signed or any other previous meetings needed to be attended.
The meetings are every Thursday afternoon in Mrs. Weeks Room (31-203, Building 31 Upstairs, Room 203).
- Our members are called Planeteers
- Recycling starts immediately afterschool at 2 p.m. and will usually end at 3 p.m. but can take longer or be done quicker depending on the amount of people present.
- Refreshments are provided after: this includes a drink and snack.