A policy is a statement of intent, and is implemented as a procedure or protocol.
Attendance & Tardy Policies
Attendance is important for student success at Lake Region High School. Teachers should discuss their procedures for making up work or the timeline that a student must follow when he or she is absent from a class.
According to School Board Policy, each student must attend 135 hours to earn a credit in a full term course. Therefore, students may be denied credit in the following manner:
TERM CLASSES (1 credit):
A student is absent more than 7 days without proper documentation.
A student has 4 or more days of missed work that is not made up.
QUARTER CLASS (1/2 Credit):
A student is absent 4 or more days without proper documentation.
A student has 3 or more days of missed work that is not made up.
PLEASE NOTE: All days are considered unexcused after a student has exceeded the maximum number unless proper documentation is provided.
This documentation must be given to the Attendance Office.
PROPER DOCUMENTATION INCLUDES: Hospital/Doctor Notes; Court Appearance Documents; Funeral Notices for family; Traffic Accident Documents. (We accept parent notes for illness up to the 4th (quarter classes) or 7th (term classes) absence; after that, only legal documentation or doctor/hospital notes are accepted.)
PRE-ARRANGED ABSENCES: A student should obtain a pre-arranged absence form from the Attendance Office at least 3 days prior to the absence. The student should present this to each of his or her teachers for a signature. (According to PCSB policy, only 3 days of pre-arranged absence are excused.)
FIELD TRIP ABSENCES: The absence for a student on a school-approved field trip is recorded with the code SB on the computer.
TARDY POLICY: Teachers should communicate their tardy policy clearly to the students. However, continuous tardiness may be referred to the Administration.
PHONE CALLS ARE NOT ACCEPTED FOR CHECKOUTS
Students who drive to school: MUST bring a note from home to the Main Office between 6:30 – 7:30 (Note may be verified) Student will be given a pass to leave campus from Main Office
Parents who pickup Students at School:
Send a signed note with your student to the Main Office first thing in the morning -with student’s full name, reason and time of checkout. Student will be given a checkout pass and can meet you in the Main Office at that time
ANYONE SIGNING A STUDENT OUT MUST SHOW A PHOTO I.D EACH AND EVERY TIME AND BE ON THE STUDENT’S EMERGENCY CARD!
NO CHECKOUTS AFTER 1:15 (12:15 early release)
Reminder for students about the electronics policy: All electronics are to be put away! Earbuds and headphones, unless being used in the lesson, should not be in sight of the class instructor or any administrator during class.
All student vehicles must have a current Parking Permit. Parking permits may be purchased in the main office. Students must bring a valid driver’s license, vehicle information, and tag number with them. Students may only park in the parking space assigned to them on their Parking Permit.
Download Parking on Campus Form — print and sign.
Permits are $25.00 and must be displayed on the rear-view mirror window at all times on campus.
1. Parking is a privilege at Lake Region High School. Many students are under the impression it is their right to park on campus once they receive their driver’s license. In actuality, parking on campus is a privilege. If you break any of the rules and regulations listed, you can have your permit taken away for the remainder of the year without a refund.
2. Parking permits are reserved spots. The permit is to be placed on your rear view mirror where it is clearly visible. When you purchase the permit you will sign a form indicating that you agree to the rules.
Liability -You are given the opportunity to park your car in the designated spot at your own risk. Lake Region High School and the School Board of Polk County are not responsible for anything that happens to your car.
Parking Lot Rules and Regulations
1. Decal must always be visible when parking in the reserved spots in the student parking lot.
2. The decal is for you. You are not allowed to transfer decals to another person.
3. There are no refunds.
4. You must park in your reserved spot.
5. The campus speed limit is 10 mph.
6. No loud music is to be played in vehicles while on campus. This includes all the way to the entrance of the school.
7. You are not allowed to go to your cars between classes or lunch. The only reason you go to your car is to leave campus.
8. Do not attempt to pass cars exiting school at dismissal.
9. Do not attempt to take shortcuts out of the parking lot.
Parking Permits may be revoked for a number of reasons. These include but are not limited to:
1. Leaving campus without permission
2. Being in your car between classes or lunch
3. Taking other students off campus without authorization
4. Repeated tardiness
5. Reckless driving on campus
6. Violating any of the rules and regulations listed above
Note: The Lake Region High School administrative staff reserves to right to add policies and rules for the parking lot if needed to ensure the safe and orderly operation of the school.
You are responsible for your decal.