Polk County Public Schools administers assessments to students in grades PreK-12th grade to measure their achievement on Florida’s educational standards, which were developed and implemented to ensure that all students graduate from high school ready for success in college, career, and life. Assessment supports instruction and student learning, and test results help district leaders and stakeholders determine whether the goals of the curriculum and instruction are being met.
The following statewide assessments will be administered this year.
Florida Standards Assessments (FSA)
- Kindergarten: Florida Kindergarten Readiness Screener (FLKRS)
- Grades 3-10: English Language Arts (ELA) — Reading/listening component
- Grades 4-10: English Language Arts (ELA) — Writing component
- Grades 3-8: Mathematics
- Algebra 1 End-of-Course (EOC)
- Geometry End-of-Course (EOC)
Next Generation Sunshine State Standards (NGSSS) Assessments
- Grades 5 and 8 Statewide Science Assessment
- Biology 1 End-of-Course (EOC)
- Civics End-of-Course (EOC)
- U.S. History End-of-Course (EOC)